My family took a road trip down to Pasadena to attend a wedding. We are staying at a hotel in Old Town Pasadena, an area within Downtown Pasadena.
‘Lette Macarons was on the bride’s list of favorite places in the LA/Pasadena area. ‘Lette is a macaron chain located in Southern California at Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Glendale, Los Angeles, Pasadena, and San Diego.
The Pasadena location was just down the street from our hotel, so I had to check it out to satisfy my macaron cravings! ;)
I got a box of 12 macarons for $22 USD, with the following flavors:
- Salted Caramel — salted caramel ganache
- Coconut — coconut ganache
- Colombian Coffee — coffee ganache
- Lemon — citron ganache
- Sweet Wedding Almond — almond ganache with almond bits on shell
- Sicilian Pistachio — pistachio ganache
- Raspberry — raspberry ganache
- Passion Fruit — passion fruit ganache
- Rose — rose ganache
- Violet Cassis — violet ganache and black currant jam
- Earl Grey Tea — earl grey ganache
‘Lette left a tip on the box:
After purchase we recommend keeping ‘lette macarons in the refrigerator; let them come to room temperature before serving—about 10 minutes. For best degustation, our macarons should be consumed within 3 days.
The tip generally applies to any macarons. I wish I had known this earlier! It does make a difference when you “thaw” it for 10 minutes or so, to soften the ganache (filling).
I shared the macarons with my mom, by cutting each in half so we could try all of the flavors! We concluded that the almond macaron was the best. I liked the salted caramel and earl grey tea macarons as well. What are your ‘Lette favorites?